You may not even think about the importance of maintenance, until an HVAC breakdown happens to you on a hot day or a very chilly one.
Think of this scenario: You’re sitting in your house getting colder and colder, bundling up with blankets and socks, and the thermostat just keeps falling no matter what you try. Then you have to struggle through a sleepless, uncomfortable night before a technician can come and get things started again.
Another, darker scenario: You start feeling lethargic, dizzy, and think maybe your house is haunted. Hallucinations, headaches, weakness, nausea and vomiting are all symptoms of a dangerous carbon monoxide leak. A faulty furnace could be the cause.
This is why professionals advise that you get your furnace inspected in the fall, and conversely, your air conditioner tuned up in the spring. That way you get ahead of any potential issue that may be lurking, like the need for more refrigerant or a ventilation problem.
Benefits of Fall Furnace Maintenance:
- Safety – It’s not safe to get stuck in cold temperatures without the option of heat. Neither is it safe to have a blocked vent, cracked heat exchanger, or dirty burners. This can cause health issues such as carbon monoxide leaks. Ensure the health and safety of you and your family with our 21-point precision furnace tune-up.
- Lower utility bills – By keeping your unit as up-to-date as possible, you will have a furnace that can run smoothly without any possible build-up that will alter the heating system from performing at its peak when you need it the most in the winter.
The more build-up a system has, the harder it has to work. When you need repairs, your home energy bill will increase because your heater is working overtime to maintain even basic functioning. Studies show that routine maintenance can save up to 20% on heating and cooling bills. A furnace tune-up pays for itself with the money saved during winter heating season.
- Saves you from costly repairs – When we maintain your furnace in the fall, we save you from the hassle of an unplanned breakdown. Small repair issues can lead to larger issues that are more expensive than annual maintenance is. Professional technicians will identify if your furnace needs a repair and will handle it on the spot. Don’t wait for your furnace to break down. Preventative care is safer and cheaper.
- Prolong the life of your system – By scheduling a furnace tune-up every fall, you can increase the lifespan of the unit by 30-50% or more. The average life expectancy of a furnace is around 12-20 years; if not maintained, it may not even last 10 years. With professional maintenance, you can easily double the lifespan of the average furnace. Compared with the price of a new furnace, annual service is a no-brainer.
- Keeps system running as efficiently as possible – By having routine maintenance tune-ups, you can increase the efficiency of your system upwards of 25%. And efficiency means your system is being energy-efficient and cost-effective. This is good for your wallet and the environment.
You wouldn’t wait years to get your car serviced, so why would you neglect annual furnace maintenance? Save money, energy, time, and frustration by scheduling fall furnace maintenance. Worried about forgetting? Sign up for a home maintenance plan and automate your annual HVAC tune-ups.
What We Look For:
- Check to ensure the vents are clear, no blockages
- Check thermostat for proper operation, calibration, and leveling
- Replace or clean the existing air filter
- Check for gas leaks
- Clean and inspect burner, heat exchanger, furnace interior and exterior
- View our maintenance checklist to see the complete 21-point operation
Service Champions offers an “$88 Precision Tune-up and Professional Cleaning” for either your air conditioning or heating system.
We provide precision tune-ups for all central air conditioning and heating systems and are familiar with all makes and models. Consistently maintaining your home air system will not only benefit your health but also provide a comfortable lifestyle. Get started now by filling out our contact form or by calling:
- East Bay: (925) 308-5025
- Sacramento: (916) 231-9469
- South Bay: (408) 572-8065